- High potency vitamin C supplement, buffered with mineral ascorbates to make it gentle on the stomach
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids to support the action of vitamin C in the body
- Contains rosehips and acerola – natural sources of vitamin C
- Supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection
- Supports wound healing and helps maintain healthy, supple, elastic skin
- Potent antioxidant – supports the body’s defences against free radicals
- Helps maintain capillary health
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C, so we must obtain it from our diets. If dietary intake is inadequate or an individual’s need is particularly high (for example during times of stress or illness), taking a vitamin C supplement can help maintain optimal intake.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that is involved in hundreds of the body’s biological processes.
It supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection due to its involvement in the normal healthy functioning of the white blood cells and antibodies.
Vitamin C is also required for the manufacture of collagen (a structural component of the skin, cartilage and tendons), so it plays an important role in the body’s wound healing processes, and in maintaining the elasticity and suppleness of the skin.
From the smallest of supermarkets to the most elaborate of health stores, there is one particular brand you’re likely to see across all of them: Blackmores. Their products can be found throughout New Zealand and have a proven track record for quality.